About our e-Books
The TMC Library owns over 11,000 e-books. They are accessible while in the Library and offsite using your Resource Access login.
This LibGuide will highlight just a few of our larger e-book collections.
Things to know about e-Books
- Sometimes when you try to access an e-book you will get a message saying it's currently in use. This is because the Library's subscription only allows that book to be used by one user at a time. Please wait a little while and try it again.
- While none of our e-books can be downloaded to a tablet/reader, you can access and view them on your tablet.
- E-books come from different publishers and therefore each interface and ease of use will be different--the Library has no control over this.
- Occasionally e-books will have watermarks that appear on the page when you print.
- You may only be able to print one chapter/section/page at a time depending on what each individual publisher will allow.
- E-books can almost always be keyword searched.
- You may be able to highlight or annotate e-books but you will usually need to register a personal profile before doing so.
Library Classes and Workshops
Tuesday, Mar 25, 2014: PubMed BasicsLearn how to use PubMed, the National Library of Medicine's search service, which provides access to over 23 million citations for biomedical literature. 6:30-7:30
Thursday, Mar 27, 2014: Impact, Counts, and Metrics: Tracking Your PublicationsIdentify how to locate the impact factor, citation counts, and journal metrics for your publications. 11:00-12:00
Thursday, Mar 27, 2014: Powering Ahead With PubMed: Advanced ClassFor those who have taken our "PubMed Basics" class or anyone who has a basic working knowledge of PubMed and would like to learn about some more advanced features. 3:00-4:00
Tuesday, Apr 1, 2014: Alternatives to PowerPointLearn about new and innovative alternatives to Powepoint for presentations that will capture your audience's attention! *Part of our “Tues Tech Lunch” series w/ snack provided & brown bag lunch encouraged. 12:00-1:00
Various Ways to Find an e-Book
You can find an e-Book in the following ways:
- Title keywords
- ISBN number
- Browse our alphabetical list of titles
- Browse by Medical Subject Heading (MeSH)
- Browse by general subject category
- Browse our e-Book collections from various publishers, series, or databases
Connect with the TMC Library
Connect with the TMC Library through your favorite social networks! Get real-time updates about the library as well as the latest information from the medical field.
Chat with a librarian!